Nearly every state in the United States, as well as the rules/ codes of organizations, such as the National Association of Realtors, discusses, and demands a certain, quality, code of behavior and conduct, based on some dependence on an ethical code. However, far too often, agents speak about ethics and integrity, but justify skewing, off – course, when it might not be expedient. Robert Frost, famously, wrote about the fork in the road, and which path, one might follow, the honorable one, often, less followed, versus the easier, simpler, more expedient option. Since, for most Americans, their home represents their single, largest, financial asset, shouldn’t those licensed to represent them, and their interests, possess the highest level, and caliber of ETHICS?
1. Earn: example; excellence; empathy: Why should someone utilize the services of a real estate agent, unless he demonstrates, his value, to them, and earns his commissions? What kind of example does it set, if he fails to behave ethically? Isn’t a significant component of excellence, exhibiting genuine empathy for one’s clients?
2. Timely; truthful; trust: One must earn his client’s trust, constantly. Tell the truth, and teach others, what they need to know. A great agent always proceeds carefully, properly, in a well – considered manner, but also, with timely action.
3. Honest; humane; hear: Being honest and ethical means, you must tell your client, what he needs to know, not, just, what he wants to hear. Proceed in a humane manner, treating everyone, as you want to be treated.
4. Integrity; intelligence; ideas; imagination: You either have absolutely integrity, or you lack it! You can’t pick, and choose when, or, to whom, you will proceed accordingly. Combine relevant intelligence, with relevant ideas, and the ability and imagination, to make a difference, for the better.
5. Character; clarity; cooperation: Are you someone, with the quality of character, to be ethical? How clearly will you be willing to explain things? Will you focus on cooperation, and arriving at a meeting of the minds, in the client’s best interest?
6. Strengthen; straight; strategy: How will you strengthen your client’s position? Will you be a straight – shooter? What is the pricing, and marketing strategy?
You will either exhibit the finest ETHICS, or you aren’t ethical. Do you know, who you are?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, and Director of Development, as well as a consultant. He has professionally run events, consulted to thousands, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. He is a RzE Licensed Salesperson for a decade+. Website: [http://PortWashingtonRealEstateOffice.com] and LIKE the Facebook page for real estate: http://Facebook.com/PortWashRE