While there is no, true, one – size – fits – all, approach, way, or method, for quality real estate representation, a real estate agent, must develop the skills, abilities, etc, which will help him, be the best, he might possibly, become, as well as proceeding with a consistent, can – do, positive attitude! An agent must focus on learning, and perfecting his skills, etc, by committing to, providing professional service, etc. With that in mind, this article will review, discuss, and examine, using the mnemonic approach, some of the most essential LESSONS needed, etc.
1. Listen; learn: Begin by realizing, the process must be about the client, not the agent! This must start with, consistency, effectively listening, to the specific needs, goals, priorities, and emphasis, which will be, most meaningful! Only when one focuses on learning from every conversation, and experience, will he be capable of effective service!
2. Empathy; excellence; emphasis: When one proceeds, based on the previous focus, he begins to become capable, of proceeding, with the utmost degree of meaningful, relevant, empathy, which will make a client, feel far more comfortable, during this often – stressful period of time! When this becomes the primary emphasis, and an agent demands his highest compliance of personal excellence, the individual, being represented, benefits!
3. Selling; sales: Do you understand the difference between selling, and sales? While selling is a proactive, and active behavior, and action, someone who says, he’s in sales, often, has a personal attitude, which makes him, either ashamed, etc, of making his living, by selling houses!
4. System; strengthens: Shouldn’t a homeowner, be able to count on, and rely on his representative, to add professionalism, and strength, to the process? Consider what you might do, which will strengthen your client’s position, and how emphasizing the strengths, in a motivating way, will help the final result! Will you, both, possess, and fully explain, the basis and reasons for your system, and how, when agent and homeowner, work together, as a team, the resultant, teamwork, makes a significance difference, for the better?
5. Organized; options; opportunities: It’s important to commit to using an approach, which is organized, so no potential qualified buyer, is lost, in the mix? Know the best options and alternatives, and position, the listed property, to be able to accept and welcome, the finest opportunities!
6. Nuances; neighborhood: Why would a potential buyer, want to move into this neighborhood? Know the advantages, and understand, the relevant, nuances, which will help to best promote, this particular house, to the niche audience!
7. Solutions: There are often, challenges and obstacles, during this often – stressful, challenging period of time. Develop the skills, abilities, aptitude, assets and attitude, which focuses on can – do, solutions, rather than all the reasons, why you can’t!
If you wish to be the most effective agent, you must learn and rely on, the LESSONS, briefly discussed above! Will you be up to the tasks?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades, and a RE Licensed Salesperson, for a decade+. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://PortWashingtonLongIslandHouses.com and LIKE the Facebook page for real estate: http://facebook.com/PortWashRE