If you are either a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, or Associate Broker, you should seriously ask yourself, why should any homeowner decide to do business with me, rather than someone else! Obviously, you can explain all your qualifications, and make promises, provide ideas and information, etc, in order to encourage them. However, isn’t that what everyone else might do, also? In order to effectively differentiate yourself, from the competition and rest of the pack, it will be necessary to sell yourself, to homeowners, and transform them from prospective, to actual, clients. Remember, we each, sell something – either ourselves, a product, and/ or a service, so, this article, will briefly discuss 5 steps, to sell yourself to a homeowner.
1. Learn needs: The first thing to do, when you speak to prospective clients, is to have the discipline, to prioritize effective listening, and take the time, and make the effort, to learn the needs, and priorities, of the homeowner. Never assume you know all you need to know, and commit to discover, and learn, what they prioritize. It may be all about price, but it might be equally about the time period! While there are many considerations, the most common ones are price, time period, and minimizing hassle/ stress!
2. Listen; empathize: Pay attention to what others are saying and perceiving, taking the time, and making the effort to listen, consistently and effectively. Commit to learning and better understanding what you hear, and focus on what is most important to others! Proceed with the highest degree of empathy!
3. Address concerns: Don’t simply try to placate others, or merely pretend to agree! Rather, explain, and articulate effectively. how your system and approach, will address these concerns, and best serve their needs, etc.
4. Explain, “Why You?”: How will you explain why they should select you, as their agent? What will you provide and do, which will earn their trust, ease their minds, and benefit them? Would you choose you, if you were in their place, and why?
5. Close: Even if you would be the best possible option, as their real estate professional, how will you explain this, to others? How will you, get them, to see the light? Remember, all the dedication, explanation, hard, diligent work, etc, will be to little avail, unless/ until, you close the deal!
Become a better real estate professional, and meet, both your, as well as your client’s needs! Hopefully, these 5 steps, will help you put your best foot forward, and sell yourself, to prospective clients!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades, and a RE Licensed Salesperson for a decade+. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: [http://PortWashingtonRealEstateOffice.com] and LIKE the Facebook page for real estate: http://facebook.com/PortWashRE