In 2015, about 48% of US households paid over $15,000 for a complete kitchen remodel, according to a study done by the National Kitchen & Bath Association. They also noted that approximately one out of every ten households had a kitchen remodel or replacement project completed that year. Jennifer Poe, owner of Rittenhouse Home, a Newtown, PA kitchen remodeling company, says that “Beautiful things don’t ask for attention.” Here are some of the ultimate kitchen upgrades that will beautify your home:
- Upgrade cabinets. Other than painting your walls a different color, replacing your cabinets is one of the most noticeable changes you can make to your kitchen. Cabinetry trends for 2017 include stainless steel or glass doors and open shelving. If you’re going to make a cabinet upgrade, it’s important to also upgrade the hardware. Pair these looks with small, sleek, gold metallic handles. Little touches like this can make a big difference!
- Add a built-in refrigerator. Built-in refrigerators offer a sleek, modern feel without the added clutter of a bulky, stand-alone refrigerator. Though the depth of your cabinets plays a large factor into the size of the refrigerator you can get, there are more options for vertical storage that make up for it. Installing a built-in refrigerator automatically makes your kitchen look more expensive and organized.
- Centralize with a commercial-style range. Looking to spruce up the focal point of your kitchen? Incorporating a commercial-style cooking range can do just that. From their decorative vent hoods to their ranges in styles of burners, grills, and more, these kitchen stovetops are a functionally decorative work of art for your kitchen. If you spend a lot of time cooking, a commercial-style range is definitely worth budgeting for.
- Pick the proper lighting. The kitchen is often referred to as the heart of the home. Think of all the family gatherings, meals, and laughs shared in the room. Having the right electrical supplies installed is imperative in a kitchen. While it’s important to have stylized lighting in seating areas, make sure you have the proper task lighting installed in the right places. If your kitchen features windows, embrace the natural light that comes in and incorporate recessed lighting or hanging pendants underneath your cabinetry for a sleek, updated look.
- Beautify with a backsplash. These stunning visuals help protect the wall behind your stove and sink, and they also enable you to create uniqueness in your kitchen. There are many creative liberties you can take with this project. The options are endless, whether you choose tiles, a mosaic, wood or another texture would look best in your kitchen. As long as there’s some contrast between the countertops and the backsplash of your choice, you are on your way to creating something beautiful.
- Deep drawers. Think about how you currently store all of your pots and pans. If it’s a hassle to get to what you need when you need it, having deep drawers installed in your kitchen can be a game changer! Deeper drawers mean more space, which can solve the problem of storing bulky pots and pans. They are a practical option for the chef who has an excess of cooking tools or a smaller kitchen that lacks hanging storage space for pots and pans.
While some of these projects can be done DIY, for an ultimate kitchen upgrade, you want it to look the best it possibly can. More than two-thirds of the households used in the National Kitchen & Bath Association hired a professional remodeler for the work they had done, so keep that in mind when you plan your kitchen renovation!