It’s fall again! That means it’s time for the leaves to change color and the weather to get cooler. Just because fall is here, it doesn’t mean you need to pack it up and live inside the rest of the year. Fall is a great time to spend outdoors, especially if you have a beautiful yard to spend time in. There are some simple things you can do to make your fall landscape stand out among the rest.
- Decorate your flower bed with fall-friendly foliage. Certain plants bloom in the fall and can often sustain freezing temperatures. Plenti-Fall Pansies have very full branches, perfect for filling up spaces in your flower bed that would otherwise be left empty until spring. Another great fall plant is the Helenium, which are a relative of the daisy and have gorgeous yellow and brown hues, making them perfect for fall. If you don’t have a flower bed but still want a pop of color, place some fall friendly plants in decorative planters around your lawn or walkway.
- Follow a fall schedule for your lawn. Your grass is preparing for winter and needs to soak up a lot of nutrients to survive the winter and come back strong for the spring. Fertilize your lawn to help give it what it needs to insure it will look beautiful come spring time. A professional landscaping service, like Landtech Enterprises, will guide you in choosing the fertilizer that is right for your landscaping.
- Brighten your mulch. If you want some more color in your garden, a simple touch to do is colored wood and mulch. This is easy to do and will add to your existing floral landscape. Best of all, the color lasts. When winter comes you’ll still have some color in your yard. Best of all, some mulch has bug repellent to help keep fall-breeding bugs, like slugs and snails, at bay.
- Add accents to your landscape. Pumpkins and scarecrows are easy for Halloween, but what ornaments for the rest of fall? Lawn ornaments and metal sculptures are an easy addition that will add personality to your outdoor living space. Metal sculptures will stand up to the elements and last throughout the winter.
- Clean up your home’s exterior. Depending on the type of exterior you have on your house, you should power wash or give your home a new paint of coat. A professional power washing service, like CertaPro Painters of Lancaster, will help brighten up the outside of your home. Pressure washing will clear away dirt and dust that has built up, improving your overall exterior landscape. Don’t forget your pavement – you’d be surprised how much of an improvement a freshly power washed driveway and sidewalk makes.
- Create a “you” space. You’re giving a lot of TLC to your home and landscape, but you should also do something for yourself. Add a spot to sit back and relax while you enjoy a warm autumn beverage. Whether it’s reclining chairs overlooking your property or adding a fire-pit for bonfires and s’mores, incorporating something you’ll enjoy the entire season into your fall landscaping.